Living and Writing

EVERY NOW AND THEN I find a piece (prose or music) that perfectly tells of how I feel inside. The feeling is both exhilarating and humbling -- exhilarating as it's so uncanny how another soul seems to know my innermost thoughts and feelings; humbling because that other person was BETTER able to put down in words or melody the TRUTH I struggle to express and share in my writing. Sometimes kasi, with all the noise in my mind, somewhere along the way of thinking and writing, vital elements get lost in translation. Hay....

Anyhow, at 2 am this morning, the house quiet and me restless (from having been bedbound the whole day due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding AGAIN), I went against doc's orders and Mike's wishes (shush! quiet!), got up, and tried to write to quiet my thoughts. I tried in vain.
Luckily, as I was surfing and simultaneously poking around in Friendster, I found this at Rain's profile; a few lines from The Notebook. Flip-Flop, flip-flop, there goes that exhilaration and humbling feeling again...

"My life? It isn't easy to explain. It has not been the rip-roaring spectacular I fancied it would be, but neither have i burrowed around with the gophers. I suppose it has most resembled a bluechip stock: fairly stable, more ups than downs, and gradually trending upward over time. A good buy, a lucky buy, and I've learned that not everyone can say this about his life. But do not be misled...

I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common person with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten,
but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me,
this has always been enough."

May 03, 2005

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Why AnneThology?

Anthology means a collection of poems, short stories, plays, songs, or excerpts. My name is Anne, and this blog contains a collection of my thoughts, musings and writings (poems, short stories), some songs I like, plus a sprinkling of excerpts I find worth sharing --hence, AnneThology.

Did you know?

Anthology derives from the Greek word ἀνθολογία (anthologia; literally “flower-gathering”) for garland — or bouquet of flowers — which was the title of the earliest surviving anthology, assembled by Meleager of Gadara.

Look, what I have -- these are all for you.