On Friendships

They say friends are God's way of apologizing for the family you end up with. I don't think there's any reason to apologize for mine, but I've really ended up with terrific friends, God must really love me! :)

I have girl friends, male friends, gay friends. I have academic, social, political even cultural friends. Some I have been with for almost two decades, some I am just starting to get to know. Some I share emotional, heavily-laden moments with. With some, light, fun-filled, even comic episodes. Some live nearby, and we see and talk with each other almost everyday. Some are away, and we reconnect and re-start where we left off, online.

All are my staunch supporters -- some more vocal, some with quiet assurance. All are inspirations -- to be kinder, wiser, funnier, sexier, more patient, more creative, sportier, calmer, healthier, better. All touched me with the gift of their time and understanding, at one time or the other giving themselves. All have contributed to who I am now. All have enriched this life I so gratefully enjoy.

And so today, as I look out the window and see the pouring rain, I thank God for the pouring of friends into my life:

Claire, Haidz, Cheche, Marsha, Bryant, Donski, Marlon, Chelle, Beng, Au, Joyce, Odess, Joey, Cesar, TJ, May M, May P, May C, Malou, Lito, Jeng, Rel, Cherry, Olive, Sharon, Chad, Sylvia, Ryann, Jenn, Marko, Jeffrey, Carol, Patrick, Helen, Cel, Ate Mafe, Rain, Chie, Jen, Jason, Ariel, Dang... and more whose names escape my mind at the moment but whose memory will never escape my heart! :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Why AnneThology?

Anthology means a collection of poems, short stories, plays, songs, or excerpts. My name is Anne, and this blog contains a collection of my thoughts, musings and writings (poems, short stories), some songs I like, plus a sprinkling of excerpts I find worth sharing --hence, AnneThology.

Did you know?

Anthology derives from the Greek word ἀνθολογία (anthologia; literally “flower-gathering”) for garland — or bouquet of flowers — which was the title of the earliest surviving anthology, assembled by Meleager of Gadara.

Look, what I have -- these are all for you.