Testimonials

I'M ESPECIALLY PROUD of the testimonials I've received so far in Friendster. Well, apart from the fact that they all say good things about me (thank you, thank you, thank you for not lying... hehehe!) I am touched by the gesture of friends (who I know lead very busy lives and have more important things to do than write a testimonial) who spend time and effort to weave a few words together to tell the world about li'l ol' insignificant me. :) Mind you, writing ain't easy, and writing a testimonial is even harder, considering you'd have to reminisce, sort the good from the bad, make up your mind about what to disclose, find the best words for what you want to say, then try to make sense while you're at it. 'Hirap, di ba? :) Then, considering all the testimonials have been given voluntarily and all have been nicely written... that says a lot!

What touches me the most about the testimonials, though, are the sentiments and feelings sent out between the lines, the memories brought back to life, the kind that make me realize I have been lucky to have gained and kept the friendship of so many people, some of whom I haven't seen for a long time (like Mark and Rain); who have known me when I was naive and immature and had nothing better to offer (like Marsha, Donna and Michele); and like Sharon, May, Evelyn and Gay, who have seen me at my most OC-iest and demanding self, yet have taken the pains to get to know the me who also likes to play, share jokes and laugh like there's no tomorrow. And of course, my brother, Ryan who has seen the real me almost 24-7 for 29 years, subject to all my sungit, pang-aaway (in words and in deed), hinihingan ko ng baon (when I've spent all of mine)... and still loved me enough to see (and say) the good things about me. I've been lucky, I've been loved, I've been blessed!

I can't thank you all enough.. yet, salamat, you've made my heart smile. :)
=========================
P.S. Of course, thanks to you all who bother to read my blogs, and muchas gracias to those who drop a line or two in the comments box. Following the vein by which Lumiere said in Beauty and the Beast, "Life is so unnerving, for a servant who is not serving...," I want to say that while writing has been rewarding in itself since it had helped me quiet my thoughts, and therefore helped me get some sleep ;) , it was the thought of being read and appreciated that sustained my enthusiasm to blog. Afterall, "Writing would mean nothing if you know no one's reading!" :) Ciao, a la prochaine fois. :)

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Why AnneThology?

Anthology means a collection of poems, short stories, plays, songs, or excerpts. My name is Anne, and this blog contains a collection of my thoughts, musings and writings (poems, short stories), some songs I like, plus a sprinkling of excerpts I find worth sharing --hence, AnneThology.

Did you know?

Anthology derives from the Greek word ἀνθολογία (anthologia; literally “flower-gathering”) for garland — or bouquet of flowers — which was the title of the earliest surviving anthology, assembled by Meleager of Gadara.

Look, what I have -- these are all for you.